Trails Recreation Center Aquatics Programs
With 18,000 square feet of aquatics area; fun and instruction is the name of the game. Please check out all of our programs and open swim times in the catalog or on our schedule below.
LEARN TO SWIM
Not only is swimming fun and full of wonderful health benefits, learning to swim is an important life skill. We have a variety of Swim Programs designed to meet the need of all ages and ability levels. Our learn to swim program follows American Red Cross guidelines and all instructors are Red Cross certified.
Not sure which level to register your child for? Contact the Aquatics office by emailing us or calling 303 269-8430.
Swim Lesson Schedules – We offer nine sessions of swim lessons (both Group & Private) throughout the year. All classes follow the session schedule. Below you’ll find a list of our upcoming session dates:
- Session 5: March 23 – April 18 (Registration deadline is March 16)
- Session 6: April 27 – May 23 (Registration deadline is April 20)
- Session 7: June 1 – June 27 (Registration deadline is May 25)
- Session 8: July 6 – August 2 (Registration deadline is June 29)
- Session 9: August 24 – September 21 (Registration deadline is August 17. No Classes Labor Day, Sept 7; Make-Up is Monday, Sept 21)
All registrations are processed on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the popularity of our program, we encourage early registration to guarantee your spot.
Registration is available online 24/7 via our website or at the Trails Recreation center front desk. We are unable to accept telephone registrations. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Parent & Tot (6 mos – 3 yrs) – These courses introduce children to the water in a fun and relaxed group setting. Parents participate in the water with their children
- Preschool Levels (3 – 5 yrs) – Toddler, Beginner, Basic Strokes, Intermediate, Advanced. These classes are designed for children ages 3-5 years old. Classes are held with four students per instructor.
- Youth Levels (6 – 12 yrs) – Beginner, Basic Strokes, Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Skills, Expert, Youth Stroke Refinement. Levels 1-3 are held with six students per instructor. Levels 4 and higher are held with eight students per instructor.
- Hurricanes Drill Academy – (6 – 18 yrs) – This program is designed for swimmers who have completed level 4 or higher and are interested in and/or have swam on swim team. We’ll focus on building endurance and fine-tuning stroke mechanics during the off-season. Participants should be able to swim at least 25 yards of freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke without stopping or resting.
Adult Swim Programs – Swim lessons aren’t just for kids! Our Adult swim programs are available to teens and adults of all ability and comfort levels.
- Teen and Adult Beginner (13 yrs and older) – It’s never too late to learn to swim! This class is for teen and adult beginners with little to no water experience. We’ll start with the basics such as learning to be comfortable in and around the water, floating on the front and back, basic arm and leg movements and breathing.
- Lap Swim 101 (15 yrs and older) – Want to swim for exercise but not quite sure where to start? This class is for you! Learn the basics of lap swimming including how to read and write effective swim workouts, learn lap swim etiquette, learn how to use basic equipment and improve your technique and endurance through a variety of conditioning and technique drills. Participants should be comfortable swimming at least 25 yards without stopping.
- Adult Conditioning Swim Club (18 yrs and older) – Join us for an organized, early morning workout! Build your technique and endurance under the watchful eye of an experienced coach. This program is great for triathletes or swimmers looking to add more variety and challenge to their workouts. Participants should have basic swimming endurance and ability.
Private & Semi Private Lessons
Each person is unique and learns differently; if you or your child would benefit from more one-on-one instruction time, consider Private Swim Lessons! These lessons offer a great deal of flexibility and personalized attention. Private lessons follow the group swim lesson schedule. For dates and availability, please visit our online registration page and click on “Private Swim Lessons”.
Looking for an opportunity to become a lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor? Our water safety training classes follow American Red Cross Guidelines. Participants must pass a prerequisite swim test on the first day of these courses and must attend all class sessions; no exceptions. Employment opportunities may be available, but not guaranteed after successful completion. Look for these classes in our catalog.
Scout Troops, Day Cares, Field Trips and Special Events; The Trails Pool has something for everyone to enjoy! Groups of 10 or more may participate at reduced rates. Arrangements must be made with the Aquatics Supervisor. Please complete the Pool Rental Form and return to the Aquatics Supervisor.
IMPORTANT POOL RULES
- Appropriate swimwear is required at all times.
- No inflatables are allowed; Any flotation device must be Coast Guard approved.
- Slide users must be 48” tall.
- Children 5 and under must have an adult (16+) in the water with them.
- Children 6-9 must be supervised by an adult (16+) on the pool deck.
- Children 10-12 must have a supervising adult (16+) in the facility.
- The lap pool is designated for lap swimming only. All users under 15 years old must seek approval from the lifeguard before using the lap pool.
- You must be at least 16 years old to use the Hot Tub. Youth ages 13-15 may be in the hot tub with direct supervision or a parent or guardian in the water.
- The sauna and steam room are limited to guests 16 years and older. No personal grooming, please.